Looking for some fresh spring date ideas? You are in the right place! If you haven’t noticed, we are big proponents of making the time and effort to date your spouse. We are not talking about the traditional “date night” being the focus, but we are talking about making sure that no matter what your situation is (ie: young kids, limited funds, etc) that you don’t use it as an excuse not to spend intentional, special time every now and again with your beloved. We have had every imaginable obstacle try to keep us from date night but have always figured out a way to beat those odds.
We have shared a plethora of date ideas from romantic stay-at-home date nights to outdoor dates to free and low cost dates. The point is not where you go, but who you go with. Today we are going to share with you some fresh and fun spring date ideas that will be sure to inspire and ignite your love for one another once again!
10 Fresh Spring Date Ideas
- Local Garden Date – We love to peruse local gardens in the spring when the flowers are blooming and new growth is all around. Even when the kids were all little, we could let them run around (in our direct line of sight) as we held hands and had some special time together. It has worked wonders in both our spiritual and soul connection.
- Take Me Out to the Ball Game – Spring is a great time to head out to a local baseball game! You can catch some one-on-one time in the stands, holding hands and cheering for your favorite baseball team. We’ve gone to professional games, college games, and high school games. It is a fun way to be together and enjoy some time out of the house!
- Hold Hands – Often and anywhere. Yes, this can be a “date”. Holding hands has been proven to provide comfort and deep connection between spouses. One scientific study about hand-holding suggests that women who were faced with the threat of electric shock (yes, electric shock) showed emotional and behavioral differences proving strength when holding the hand of their husband. I know we light up when holding one another’s hand and we do it every chance we get.
- Pottery Making – With spring in the air, why don’t you make some pottery to put in some of the beautiful flowers that are about to bloom (or already blooming)? You can search for a local place of buy your own pottery wheel and do it together at home!
- Make Wine Together – We live on the beautiful coast of Central California where vineyards are prevalent. Depending on where you live the wive harvests will vary. Check local wineries and see when you can go in and make your favorite wine! Not a wine drinker? That’s okay. You can gift it to someone else or use it for cooking!
- Create a Special Garden – As all of you know, the cost of food continues to rise. If you’ve been thinking about planting a garden, what better time than spring to plan and execute? While different things seed at different times, you can get a good feel of what you might want by going to the local farmers market or garden center when all the spring blooms start coming forth. If you don’t have a place to put a garden, consider a container garden.
- Take a Walk on the Waterfront – Find the nearest body of water and go take a walk. We happen to live on the coast right by the ocean and love to head down for a walk. However, we also really enjoy going on walks by rivers, lakes, streams, bays, and any other place where there is water. There is something so relaxing and calming about water that soothes the soul!
- Pack Up & Go on a Picnic – Going on picnics are one of our favorite things to do! Not only is it easy on the pocketbook, it is also fun and relaxing. Now that we are older, we have collected some favorite things to go on picnics with: picnic blanket, picnic basket, and each other.
- Go to a Gun Range – We are not just saying this because we are a military family. We loved shooting guns before the military was even on our radar. Going to a gun range is a great way to boost your shooting skills (which can translate to self-defense or hunting down the line). We have taken classes together and even just gone to practice. It is a great time!
- Get Moving & Get Fit – Since many of us tend not to be as active in the winter, spring is the perfect time to get those heart rates up and enjoy some special time with your spouse! We will rotate different activities to keep it fresh and fun. Because we are both competitive by nature, we also like to get a little competitive at times having a “prize” for the winner!
What are your favorite spring date night ideas? We’d love to hear all about them! Happy spring dating!
More to Consider…